August 08, 2020
Fixes Export not showing save dialog box
July 18, 2020
Update for Diya to work with Sketch 67+
January 18, 2020
Update for Diya to work with Sketch 61.2 and macOS Catalina
August 12, 2019
Update for Diya to work with Sketch 56.3+
March 21, 2019
- Editing the timeline now updates the preview automatically! You no longer have to manually refresh the preview to see your changes.
- Scroll layers will now set the content area based on the rectangular mask layer, even if the mask layer is above the group.
March 12, 2019
- Box Selecting Keyframes! You can now select multiple keyframes or transitions using box selection in the timeline
- Fixes a bug where a text layer's y position and line height in the preview was not matching the Sketch design
February 21, 2019
Dark mode Support. (Yes finally! And apologies for the delay)
November 22, 2018
Some more updates for Diya to talk better with Sketch 52
October 4, 2018
Update for Diya to work with Sketch 52
June 5, 2018
- Get GSAP code for your timeline! This is currently an experimental feature that translates a timeline into GSAP code.
- Android easing values have been added to the preset easing curves
- Connecting two screens where a rectangle had a corner radius on only some of the corners was resetting the corner radius to 0. Fun bug, but we removed it anyway
- Diya cloud requests are now handled through https
May 9, 2018
- Fixes an obscure bug that was crashing Sketch on launch on some systems
May 7, 2018
Record to .mov/.gif
This has been the number 1 request since Diya was announced, and it is now available on all subscription plans!
Record your prototypes with 3 options:
- Capture cursor and clicks
- Capture cursor
- Hide cursor
Use the cursor and capture clicks when you're sharing a movie with a client. Hide the cursor when making an animated looping GIF for your website!
April 25, 2018
- Animation Specs and Diya Cloud are now available in the trial period.
- Animation Specs now have an option to 'copy' the SVG path
April 20, 2018
- Fixes a bug where changing the easing using a preset curve was not being applied on the transition.
April 18, 2018
- Fixes a bug where restarting Sketch would throw the message 'Trial Expired' even if the trial period is still valid
April 18, 2018
- The first official release of Diya!
April 8, 2018
- Say Hello to Diya Cloud! Upload your prototypes to Diya Cloud. If you're working with clients, you can upload multiple versions per prototype - each version will have a unique URL.
- Swipes inside symbols now work correctly by switching the symbol state rather than the entire screen state
- Minor fixes for the way timeline resize works when switching from a large monitor to a small monitor
March 28, 2018
- You can now edit the easing or spring properties of multiple transitions together
- Deactivated transitions now stay deactivated when you rebuild your prototype
- Symbol instance size vs. master size was wrongly being reported as an issue in most prototypes and has now been fixed
- Default line height for text layers is now correctly calculated even if it is not entered manually
March 22, 2018
- Resizing the timeline panel should now work on everyone's mac instead of just my mac.
- Chaining a bunch of "On Load" animations where the last frame has no further animation will now stop the animation on that frame correctly.
- Animating the corner radius was showing a visual artefact earlier. This is now fixed.
March 11, 2018
- If you animate with lots of layers and feel restricted by the small timeline panel, you'll love this build. You can now resize the height of the timeline panel all you want! (Except 0 coz that would be pointless)
- The timeline now shows text labels for the property in addition to the icons
- Preliminary support for layer blending modes is now available. Set the blending option directly on the layer for blending to work in the preview
- Enabling horizontal scroll now works properly
- Enabling scroll on a group that is inside another group will automatically remove 'flatten group' on the parent layer
March 5, 2018
- When a layer's size animates, Diya now correctly modifies the hit area of the resized layer.
- Previewing your prototype in-app now blocks mouse clicks from selecting layers on Sketch's canvas
- Image export had stopped working in the last build. They're working again.
March 1, 2018
- Spring animations work properly again. This is good compared to the previous build when they were not working.
- Only layers with animation receive user events - transparent layers on top of a button no longer block events from passing through
- A white rectangle on a white background had a light shadow in the preview. This is now fixed
Feb 21, 2018
- Is your prototype not working because you forgot you've used two layers with the same name? Or you didn't even know that was a requirement? Diya now has a built-in "Issue Checker" that will show you any issues that might prevent your prototype from rendering correctly
- Previewing some prototypes seem to crash Sketch. I've added an option to catch these issues and send a crash report to me (The report will be sent only if you approve it)
- Diya no longer renders shadows that are marked as disabled in Sketch
Feb 15, 2018
- Fixes a critical bug that prevented symbol animations from working
Feb 15, 2018
- Setting text overrides on deeply nested symbols now works
- Show/hide UI now remembers its setting when opening or creating new documents
Feb 5, 2018
- Diya's canvas was grabbing mouse clicks away from Sketch's gradient tool making it impossible to use the gradient widget. Diya's attention seeking disorder has now been fixed
- As a consequence of this, now the connector popup also goes away when you click on the canvas.
- The timeline supports animations up to 10 seconds long. No one knew because the timeline header stopped counting at 2s. It now counts to 10s
- You can now show/hide UI on all documents with one click. (Well, two clicks, because you have to activate the menu first)
- While exporting prototypes, we make sure to remove the '.sketch' extension, so it no longer looks like you are exporting a .sketch document ... from Sketch ... through Diya
- If you added a loading animation between two screens and the two screens had no differences, then Diya would assume there was nothing to do and just sit at the first screen. Diya has now been convinced to instantly move to the second screen instead.
- Using 'shift+enter' in a text layer no longer confuses Diya. It used to be very confusing.
Jan 31, 2018
- The previous build shipped with the wrong version of the preview generator causing the new features to.. not work. This update fixes that.
Jan 31, 2018
- Shape animations! Want to morph from a rectangle to a star? Now you can!
- Path animations! Make a path draw itself for cool line art
- Animatable Masks! Lots of exclamation marks in today's notes, but lots of cool goodies coming out today.
- The most common user request was "Can you add custom easing?" The answer? Well, it has always been there since build 1. But we now show the easing value on the selected transition, so hopefully people will notice it more easily
- In preview mode, the home and speed buttons have now been moved just below the screen for easier access on large monitors
- You can now show and hide the Diya bar, if for some reason you're using Sketch but not Diya
Jan 24, 2018
- Adding a screen transition to a layer deeply nested in a group automatically unchecks "flatten group" option on all parent groups in its hierarchy
- Layers you hide in Sketch used to magically reveal themselves in Diya. No more. What is hidden in Sketch stays hidden in Diya, because apparently that's why people hid it in the first place.
- Deleting a parent screen transition would leave behind its child reverse screen transitions. Now, we encourage the parent to take their children along with them when leaving.
- When you resize the Sketch window, Diya didn't always notice. Now it does.
- Rasterized shapes are now exported at 2x for better clarity. Not sure why I didn't do this from the beginning
Jan 17, 2018
- Text animations! Text color, font size and font shadow can now be animated
- Text overrides in symbols are now supported. Super useful for making animated text buttons and menus as symbols
- Reverse animations: Any incoming animation can be reversed to go back to the calling screen
Jan 11, 2018
- Symbol animations! Animate a symbol and use it across your prototype
- On Load animations! Automatically trigger a timeline when a screen or symbol loads. This is really useful while creating loaders and spinners
Jan 11, 2018
- Fixed a bug where animation specs would not show the color correctly.
- While fixing that bug, I decided to add more options to the color. You can now get the color in 3 formats: Apple SDK, Android SDK and Web. Your developers will love you!
- Hitting Preview will now start from the screen you've currently selected, or the timeline you are currently editing. This makes previewing your animations much quicker than always starting from the home screen
Jan 4, 2018
- Rotated bitmap layers were showing with the wrong scale applied to them. This is fixed
- Exporting a prototype to a folder with spaces in its name was replacing the space with %20. They now export correctly
Dec 30, 2017
- Added home and 'slow playback' options to preview. Click 'slow playback' will play the animation at 1/10th the regular speed.
- Clicking preview will now automatically rebuild the prototype. You don't have to manually clickk the 'reload' button anymore.
Dec 22, 2017
- Diya will now load automatically when you open a document. So, the bar will be at the bottom from the start
- Select "Toggle Diya Connector" when no layer is selected will show a message that asks you to select a layer
Dec 20, 2017
- You can now create vertical and horizontal scroll groups
- When scrolling or zooming the canvas, the Diya Connector would refuse to move. The canvas and connector have become friends now and they move along great together
- Deleting an artboard with a transition would confuse Diya and crash Sketch. This has been fixed
- Occasionally, images with 0 opacity would be exported with .. 0 opacity! They now export correctly
Dec 18, 2017
- You can now change a screen transition's action and animation from the inspector
- If you add multiple 'tap' animations to the same layer, Diya will now show you a warning icon in the inspector
Dec 17, 2017
The very first build of Diya!
- A timeline editor to customise your animations.
- Custom curve editor and spring visualizer
- Add multiple actions to a single layer (This is especially useful when designing swipe interactions for mobile onboarding)
- Export to HTML/Framer (Export will give you 2 HTML files. One is for the prototype and the other is for the animation specs)